Monday, September 3, 2007

Fall is coming!


My most favorite time of the year is fast approaching and I couldn't be happier. Everything is better in the fall - the scenery, the weather, the football, the television, the films, the music - it just couldn't be more exciting! And this year is especially nice because I'll also be getting married in the fall, in case you, the reader, didn't already know that.

I want to take this opportunity to share with you things that I am looking forward to this fall. Maybe my excitement will rub off onto you and we can all be happy together this fall.

1) Film - The Brave One. Smart, intense, NOT like Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean or Spiderman...what more could you want? I have a feeling we'll be hearing Jodi Foster's name come awards time if the movie does good box office. I'm also looking forward to In the Valley of Elah, Rendition, Into the Wild, Lars and the Real Girl, and Margot at the Wedding
. Can't wait!

2) TV - the return of Heroes, The Office, Gray's Anatomy (kinda), SNL and other quality shows will help to remind me just how bad summer TV really is (although Big Brother sure has been entertaining this year.) And I love getting Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV preview to map out what new shows I'll be watching this year. I hear Chuck and Pushing Daisies are supposed to be particularly good.

3) Sports! Next weekend brings the finals of the US Open, where I hope to see The Rog win his 12th major and, surprisingly, Venus Williams pull through to take the girls' prize. I'm sick of Henin and despise Serena. It would be nice to see a less cocky, more mature Venus take home the prize. And then, of course, there is FOOTBALL!! It has to be the Redskin's year right?

4) Music - I haven't heard much of what's coming out, but I do know I'm looking forward to Carrie Underwood's new CD, Carnival Ride. I have a feeling we'll be hearing of her for a while to come. The Thanksgiving holiday also brings us a lot of great music releases, as well as some good specials on TV (Faith Hill on NBC two years ago anyone?) A good Norah Jones of Micheal Buble Thanksgiving special might be nice this year.

And then there's my wedding! Hopefully my Uncle Sal comes.

Welcome to the best fall ever. Hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

1 comment:

TraySeaDS4 said...

I heart Uncle Sal. Do you think he'll save a dance for me?