Friday, June 20, 2008

10 Piece Media McNuggets - They're Baaaaaack

By popular demand (ahem...Chris) the Media McNuggets portion of this blog has returned. Savor every bite because, like the McRib, who knows when they will return.

10. Budget cuts forcing you to cut back at the office? Just be glad you don't work at the following office:
9. Don't you just hate it when you are almost blinded by a defective thong? The following quote pretty much sums up this story: “I was putting on my underwear from Victoria’s Secret, and the metal popped into my eye. It happened really quickly. I was in excruciating pain. I screamed. That’s what happened.” Riveting.

8. This list of 100 new classic movies of the last 25 years was a pretty good read, though I'm disturbed that Forrest Gump and American Beauty, two of my favorite movies from the 90's, are absent from the list. I think the editors at Entertainment Weekly are forgetting that Forrest Gump was the Oscar winner for best picture over their number one choice.

7. So, a whole bunch of girls at a high school in Massachusetts made a pact to get pregnant so they could raise their children together. Another reason why Juno is ruining our society.

6. I try to resist the temptation to blog about Britney Spears, but when a picture like this exists in the world, how can you not?

5. Something about the following animated GIF is out of place, but I can't quite put my finger on it.


4. I could probably fill this entire list with SNL Digital Shorts. In case you missed it, here's one from earlier this season that made me laugh. Fred and Sharon would be so proud.

3. This is for all of the men out there. I began crying with laughter after number 9 and it just kept going after that.

2. The trailer for Australia starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman looks amazing. Let's hope it's more like Moulin Rouge in style than Pearl Harbor.

and the #1 McNugget is...

1. Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Do yourself a favor and buy this album. It's a huge step forward for the band, as if they needed to take another step forward. If you can't afford the whole album, download Lost!, Yes, Lovers In Japan and Strawberry Swing (assuming of course that you've already purchased their most successful single Viva la Vida.) Since I can't link to the album for your listening enjoyment, how about the Sonic ad for Mac?

That's all for this week. Maybe next week the McNuggets will return meatier and juicier than ever.

8 comments:

Christoff said...

You do not know the fond memories I have for the McRib. It was the most delicious piece of fabricated meat ever......Great post I am glad the nuggets are back.

TraySeaDS4 said...

I love the nuggets! Especially the SNL Digital Short. I've never seen that one...

kimcianciolo said...

On #9-Meredith Viera deserves a lot of credit for keeping her composure during that interview. I think the woman's lawyer was actually about to crack (no pun intended). Perhaps the incident could have been avoided if she purchased a larger size or better yet, skipped the thongs all together!
On #6-Was Britney auditioning for Reno 911?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.