Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boycotting Best Buy

I never thought I'd say this, but I am officially boycotting Best Buy due to their crass handling of Heath Ledger's passing. Now, I am level-headed enough to know that this was most likely an incident concentrated at one Best Buy location posted by one soulless, tasteless, devilish assistant manager and not a company-wide initiative. However, until Best Buy publicly apologizes for their employee's behavior and sends him or her to the fiery pits of hell where they belong, I will refuse to shop there (unless they beat Circuit City to the punch and get some Nintendo Wii's in stock...I mean, damn!)

3 comments:

Christoff said...

It's another version of the "He died you win" game

Pete said...

for some reason I am not offended...the first thing I did when I found out Heath died was go to Target, looking for all of his movies I could scoop up and watch. Unfortunately Target's DVD section was a mess. So I went over to Best Buy. Not only did they have a whole Heath section to choose from, but they also gave me a bonus disc! On the bonus disc was a hilarious cartoon entitled "Cat's Day at the Zoo," which was about a silly little cat that gets lost in a zoo. I laughed. Because of Heath Ledger's unfortunate death, I laughed...at a cat.

S.S. said...

Wait, is that a real story?