Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chicago Zero

No, the title of this posting is not a prediction of the Superbowl score next week and it's not a weather forecast for the city. Instead, it's what the owners of the Chicago Uno restaurant chain should have called their restaurant. I was so appalled with our service last night, that two hours after we ordered our food and still hadn't received it when the manager finally came out to see our table, I had no words to describe my anger. To their credit, the manager did comp our food, but he tried to bargain with us about what should and shouldn't be on the bill. I'm sorry, but after two hours of waiting, then receiving your food and it's 1) cold, 2) the wrong order or 3) admittedly been sitting out for over a half an hour, there should be no discussion of what will and won't be taken care of. Needless to say, we will never eat there again. Ever.

...and since when did the kitchen being slow also become an excuse for the drinks to take 20 minutes to get to our table. Sorry waiter, I'm not buying it. Literally.

3 comments:

TraySeaDS4 said...

Let's discuss how there were 3 people working on our table and NONE of them could get it right?! Imagine if I was actually hungry? Those waiters wouldn't have gotten out alive...

S.S. said...

I could foresee that if you were really hungry our engagement would have been off because you would have gotten so angry that you would have thrown one of the 9 empty glasses at our table at my face and I would have died from blood loss, because no one from the restaurant would come help me and everyone from our table would have been adamant on staying just to complain about how lousy the service was.

Pete said...

I am so not eating at TGI Fridays too. That is so lame.