Friday, January 19, 2007

There IS a reason

For the two, maybe three of you reading my blog, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I know I said I would write every day, but let's face it, no one sticks to a new year's resolution. I think resolutions only exist to help people get through New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. You realize you haven't done shit in the past year, and you resolve to start doing shit next year. But then you get lazy and realize, shit can wait.

Anyway, onto the reason why I haven't written in a while. I'm starting a new job. The past two weeks have been interviews, HR negotiations, sleepless nights and endless decision-making teeter-tottering. It wasn't fun, but now that it's over and a decision has been made, I am happy and ready to move on. There are lots of reasons why I decided to change jobs, but what's becoming clear after the fact is that I am still young and able to take risks and try new things. Knowing this excites me and helps me realize that I made a great decision.

So, there IS a reason why I haven't written and I'm hoping there IS a reason why things happen the way that they do. I'm hoping this opportunity will bring good things to my life. I'll keep you updated...

No comments: