Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I like to live on the edge....AHHHHHHHHH

I know I'm not alone when I say that if I hear the Ford Edge commercial one more time I will shoot myself in the face. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to extend edge into a two-syllable word, but I'd like to meet that person and tell them that, in fact, it was not a good idea. I could see how it might have been an okay idea if they wanted to rhyme their new word with ketchup, but they didn't, so again, a good idea it is not.

What other ads can't you stand? I've got "800-588-2300 Empire...Today!" and "Call 1-800-STEAMER, Stanley Steamer makes carpets cleaner" on my mind (I'm seeing a phone number trend). For all you New York readers, I know you can identify with the Fuccillo auto mall commercials (okay, it's huge, I get it). I'm also starting to hate the new Sprint ad where the guys are in Italy. Why does the one guy have food all over his face? I just don't get it and the more I see it the angrier I get. I thought the point of advertisements were to get you to like a product, not utterly loathe it.

(PS - while I was writing this Shirley rolled over on the floor and clear as day farted. That should be an advertisement)

1 comment:

TraySeaDS4 said...

Awwww I love my Shirley!