Thursday, March 1, 2007

This is how it works...

I've been meaning to post these lyrics for a while now, but every time I would think about it, I got distracted doing something else. The song is called "On the Radio" by Regina Spektor. I just thought the lyrics were so simple and so true. It's not often in today's musical climate that you hear a lyric and think, "That's really refreshing." That's exactly what I thought the first time I heard this song...hope you enjoy. (I'll only be posting the second verse of the song)

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again

1 comment:

TraySeaDS4 said...

Ok...ok....MAYBE I'll start to like Regina. This song might grow on me if I just keep listening. The lyrics are great.....

xoxox