Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mystery of the black blue black


After years, yes...literally years, of wondering what in the hell those black and blue stickers I see on almost every car mean, I finally got the sense to look it up online. The stickers, or "black blue black" as I would often describe them to Tracey, are actually a police mourning band. They are typically placed on the personal vehicles of law enforcement to commemorate fallen officers, or just identify themselves with law enforcement. The theory is that the car decal became popular as a way to honor the fallen officers of 9/11. So, if you're like me and have spent many sleepless nights wondering why everyone in the world has those stickers on their car except you, you may sleep easy tonight.

1 comment:

Marsandle said...

dang it. i've never witnessed those sticks in my life. i think i kinda just lurk throughout life and miss the signs of greatness. i miss you and t dog. LOVE!
never forget the Alamo. PS I MADE my friend watch consider me normal and i hate to admit it but i was utterly embarrassed of it. Except I laughed the whole entire time at how awesome we were...