Monday, April 16, 2007

At the mercy of Cowell


I finally gave into the hype last night and officially entered one of my songs into the American Idol songwriting competition. For those of you who know my music, I entered "I'm Gonna Go Somewhere" because they were looking for an inspirational song that might mirror the journey of the Idol contestants. I have a new song that I wrote a few months ago, but I couldn't record it in time.

Anyway, the point of this is, if I am selected as one of the top 20 songs, then the American public can vote for my song. If this happens, which is very unlikely, then you all must quit your jobs and dedicate your entire day to continuously voting for my song. If this commitment is too much, I suggest you stop reading this blog immediately. No, seriously. Stop reading. Press the big X in the corner and never come back. Dude, for real. Fine, I'm just going to ignore you until you leave...

Ugh, fine! Stay. Leave a comment while you're at it.

3 comments:

TraySeaDS4 said...

YOU WILL WIN YOU WILL WIN!! I can't think of better, more appropriate lyrics for an AI winner song. YOU ARE THE BESTEST EVER! I hope my boss doesn't mind that I'm going to take a week off to continuously vote until my computer goes on strike. :)

Marsandle said...

YESSSSSS. I work from home..or shall I say, watch Gilmore Girls and read my friends blogs from home..So I'll vote all day long! I can't wait! Your kinda a big deal! I miss you and my trace head.

S.S. said...

Aww, thanks Jenny. We miss you too!